The best part of a birthday party is the birthday cake. They need to be special and different, which is important to make the birthday baby happy and content about it. It will be easier for you when your friend or your dear ones are staying near to you, when it comes to sending a birthday cake. Suppose you live somewhere far away or you are unable to make it to the birthday to wish them best, you then have to think about shipping birthday cakes to them.
You need to ensure that the cake reaches the intended place in a single piece. Hence, there are many things to consider, such as the size of the cake and locating the best shipping services in your locality to deliver the cake in the best shape to the destination. Here are the instructions to help you ship the birthday cake.
- The first thing to do is select the cake. Decide on the size of the cake that you want to ship, since the rest of the steps depend on the size of the cake. The cake should not cost you a fortune and so pick a cake that lies within the budget.
- The birthday cakes should be packed in a box that fits its size. Make sure the box that you choose to ship the cake does not ruin the sides of the cake. The cake should have enough space and does not bump on to the sides of the cake.
- As you have decided to ship the cake, try to bake the cake and freeze it as well. Choose such a style of making the cake that it is easy to ship the same. Frosting the icing of the cake or any other similar method that does not melt or perish by the time it reaches its destination. The best way to ensure freshness upon arrival at the destination is by freezing up the cake.
- Now, it is time to prepare to ship the birthday cake. Take the cake that you prepared and place it in the box with utmost care. Now, you need to fill the packing with ice packs followed by filling the same with Styrofoam balls. With the help of the Styrofoam balls, you can secure the cake in its place and avoid its movements. Finally wrap the entire box with the usual brown shipping paper.
- Mail the cake as a package with high priority shipping so that it reaches quickly to the destination.
These steps can help you ship birthday cakes in the best possible shape.